Monday, December 15, 2008

Yeah, I Did That!: New York City

Finally, I'm able to talk about the New York trip Morgan an I went on last Saturday (the 6th). We had to get up super-early for the 6 am departure. I napped fitfully until we finally got to the City.
We started out doing some shopping, getting stuff at H&M, and seeing the crazily packed Macy's, where they were displaying the crystal ball for Time's Square's New Year's Eve. We also saw the Empire State Building, which caused me to make continual references to King Kong, much to Morgan's dismay. Then we did some browsing in Bryant Park. It was so cool to discover it was named for my fav poet, William Cullen Bryant.
Aw, look, he's so festive! It wasn't all fun and games, though. Morgan had a scary encounter when a pigeon dive-bombed her head. 

I had never seen Central Park, so after Bryant Park we went to Central Park. We watched some adorable children ice-skating (I promise it wasn't that creepy!), but what I really had to do was find Balto's statue. I think Morgan thought I was losing my mind, especially when a bicycle cart driver came over to give me directions (probably hoping we'd hop a ride with him, only for me to say thanks and walk away). I finally found him, though!
Yay! He looked so heroic. 

What did we do after that? Something. I can't remember. We finally found our way to Broadway and the Eugene O'Neill Theater to stand outside the Spring Awakening stage door. I pretended I knew the show at all, Morgan got so giggly, and we got VERY close. 

We ended the day going to Rockefeller Center and saw the tree, which was so beautiful. And we got an awesome roommate picture. 
We got to the pick-up site early, but there was this adorable little pub, The Landmark Tavern, so we got a quick and pretty great dinner. 

And that was that. We did have to leave a little late and go back around the block to pick up some late people. Silly people! 

It was such a fun day, something I'll really miss while I'm in London. Well, I'll be having days out and about in a city basically every day, but not with dearest Morgan! Sigh. 

No comments: