Monday, October 6, 2008

Why is Prison Taking Over My Life?

Ha ha, get it? LIFE! Cause I'm obsessed with that show. My wit amazes me. 

But seriously, there has been an erie amount of prison-oriented entertainment recently for me. 

First, Life is back on NBC. It premiered last Monday, and had its second episode on Friday, which will be the show's normal night (NBC, this better not cause the show to fail, or I will hold you personally responsible. I have on my "grr" face, just so you know how serious I am). It's about a cop sentenced to life in prison for murders he did not commit who is released 12 years later, becoming a cop once again. And it is fabulous. The stories are really unique and involving, and all the acting is great, especially Damien Lewis as the protagonist Charlie Crews. He also has red hair and is British in real life, but that's completely besides the point. Also, the awesome Donal Logue has joined the cast. The opening of the second season HAD the fabulous song "Devil's Playground" by Gram Rabbit kicking things off, but stupidly they changed the song (and I am irrationally depressed by this fact). 



Second, IC Theatre's mainstay productions kick off this week, with "The Exonerated" previewing October 7th. Since I'm in Intro to Theatre I've already had to read the play and will be seeing the preview. It's a moving play about six innocent people sent to death row and their experiences until their eventual exoneration. 

Finally, I just watched The Shawshank Redemption in full for the first time at the Catholic Community's Movie Monday. It was so-oh good. Morgan Freeman is the master of narration. His closest rival - Ron Howard. That's how good he is. 

Everything comes in threes, so I hope that's all the prison-ness I'm going to get for a while. Because even though all those three things are great, it's also kind of depressing. 

No comments: