Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pet Peeves: My Fickle, Fickle Self

In my Writing for Series TV class we have to write a spec script for one series, and I chose the addictive, hilarious, creepy HBO show True Blood. After cramming both seasons, I was as hooked as Amy and Jason are to V. And, in all honesty, the very attractive cast doesn't hurt the situation.

One of the shifts during the second season was baddie vampire Eric's (Alexander Skarsgard's) gradual and modest softening. He became much more interesting and attractive (because I'm a sucker for wounded tough guys, as evidenced by Sawyer).


Knowing the arc Skarsgard's character goes through, I thought when I went back to season 1 Eric would be really appealing. But watching it all over again, I did not like Eric. And I think this has something to do with it.


I have a major issue with guys and long hair. It's an instant turn off in my books. I couldn't even look at Hugh Jackman when he grew out his hair for Van Helsing, and to this day have never watched that movie. Sawyer's hair can get a little ridiculous at times, and is the limit of what I can accept on guys.

I know it's picky and fickle, but I just can't help it. All I can say is, thank goodness Pam had to cut Eric's locks.

No comments: