Monday, August 10, 2009

What The Frick, Monday?! Or Is It Bad to Have Homicidal Feelings Towards a Day?

I mean, you can't actually murder it. And I don't think, even if there was a physical incarnation of a day of the week, I would carry out the wicked deed (I can't even bring myself to look at roadkill). Maybe I'd just throttle it a little bit.

Yeah, that's the kind of day I've had. A real bad case of the Mondays.

Listen, children, and you shall hear WHY it's been so awful I just ate some apple pie (ok, it was a quarter of a pie (well, a quarter minus approximately 1.5 bites)) (but it had fruit in it!) (and I had a small lunch of a salad and an apple!!).

Negative: I didn't get a ton of sleep, and was really lethargic all day.
Positive: I had stayed up watching LOTR.
Negative: There was a dead fox on the road into work.
Positive: I only found out about it from others, as I did not see it driving in or driving out!
Negative: Forgot to put the Netflix in the mailbox.
Negative: The cable was not working this morning, nor this afternoon.
Negative-Positive-Triple-Negative (resulting in a Double-Negative): I called Comcast, and got hustled around, though in the midst of the phone call the channels started working again! Then the lady said I had to leave the TV on for 20 minutes while it readjusted. The channels turned off. One hour and twenty minutes later, STILL NO CHANNELS.
Negative: Ithaca College decided to change Webmail, in an attempt to make it...cooler? More like iGoogle? More confusing? Harder for me to quickly check my e-mail? The worst addition to the Internet since Crazy Frog?
Negative: I wanted to check my mealplan and housing stati (real word? Mac spellcheck says it is) on Ithaca's Homerconnect site. It's not working.
Negative: After a call to Residential Life, there is no chance of us getting into an apartment until mid-September at the earliest.
Positive: This:



Thanks, television...on the Internet.

No comments: