Friday, July 24, 2009

Hulu, once Again You Rock My Heart! This Time, to Space(ed)!!

I've heard that some people get into relationships with their DVRs. They record things you love, suggest others you might, and when they're temperamental, your whole world smashes to pieces.

Well, I wouldn't know. But what I DO know is that I think I'm starting to fall in love with Hulu. Sure, I've been expounding its virtues for a long time, but that was more like a bit of a crush. But after logging in today and watching the flipping menu to see what new offerings there were, what should I behold? Only one of my favorite. Shows. Ever. No, not Lost (there's a good chance they should be there soon though). Nor Arrested Development (they're already there). Or Firefly (again, Hulu's already got it). Its Simon Pegg and Jessica Hynes nee Stevenson's amazing Channel 4 1999-2001 series Spaced, about a pair of new friends who pretend to be dating in order to get a flat.

To celebrate/entice additional obsessees, here's an admittedly longis clip (this is showing a lot of restraint). Hopefully you'll enjoy. If not, well, let's say irreverent modern British humor is not everyone's cup of tea.

No comments: