Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Why is Everyone Getting Twitter-pated?!

I am an old woman. Seriously. I know I've said that many times over the years for many reasons - I can't deal with loud music, I have had conversations with people (ok, children) who were born since i've been in high school - but I am serious this time. How did I not know about Twitter?

twitter.com.png


Apparently, it's the biggest thing right now. There are tons of celebrities on it. And at least 30,000 other people. 


The name sounds so familiar. Maybe I heard it, but I thought it was just something like Flickr. Not. 


I mean, I knew about MySpace, but chose never to be on it, cause MySpace is sketch. I got on Facebook, back when there weren't tons of adults and little children on it. But Twitter escaped my knowledge. 


Perhaps it's better this way. Despite the call of celebrities being into it, I feel like it would be far too tiring to attempt to maintain Facebook, this blog, Twitter, and a normal, functioning REAL life. 


4 comments:

Alex said...

Gotta tell you, I do Twitter. And it's cool to watch other people's, but I really have nothing to say.
Kind of like my blog...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It's Microblogging, deep thoughts or trivia in < 140 characters. I suggest you use it to write Haiku. Twitter me at jpoltrack, I'm Cindy's cousin. On an unrelated note I posted a link to a short film that my other cousin's son did for a film festival on my blog blog.poltrack.net Check it out.

Anonymous said...

One more thing, you may find it interesting to use the search engine in twitter. Got to search.twitter.com and enter #tolkien

Search phrases are preceded by the hash sign. Try it.