Monday, February 2, 2009

Ollie Ollie OXEN-free: Happy Chinese New Year!

Happy Chinese New Year everyone! Congrats to all Ox-people and enthusiasts. It was a bit confusing here, because the New Year started last Monday, and that's when all us in the flat thought the big China in London celebration was. I was a bit bummed because I had to go to a play for my Drama class, so to celebrate I bought my own little meal.

The meal was more money than I was expecting to pay, and I waited MUCH longer than I would have liked, but it was actually pretty good, and it made up about 3 meals. Plus it had mushrooms, and as I'm very hobbit-like in my adoration of mushrooms, that made me very happy.
It turned out that the celebration was not the night of the 26th, but this past Sunday, February 1st. Jackie, Katie, Clara and I went to it for a little bit. Honestly, it wasn't too exciting. I did love seeing so many people in Trafalgar Square. And the singers and dancers on the stage were pretty spectacular, but they were far away. So we went into the National Gallery for a bit.
I had no idea 15th century artists liked to paint Mary breast-feeding baby Jesus so much.

No comments: