Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Woo-Hulu!!

I always felt like bad geek. 

Don't get me wrong, I totally am one. I take the worlds of movies and TV far too seriously. I am a devoted Lord of the Rings fanatic, which is only rivaled by my Lost obsession (yes, I do have a contingency plan in case any plane I am ever on begins to crash [It's to hide in the bathroom. Hey, it worked for Charlie - aww, that makes me sad]). I watched Buffy regularly, and loved Angel it's entire, too short run. And yet, I had somehow never seen Firefly

Strange, I know. I respect and love Joss Whedon - the man has a gift for making compelling, instantly addictive television. I remember when Firefly was on, I always wanted to watch it. I was even really upset it was taken off the air prematurely. But for some reason, I never actually watched it during it's initial run. I could have gotten into it three years ago when the movie Serenity came out. But again, I missed the boat. I've never mentioned it to other Whedon/Buffy/Angel fans, that's how ashamed I was. 

But thanks to the magic cocktail of boredom, procrastination, and an EW.com article about Hulu, I am now 9 episodes through Firefly. After beginning Sunday night. 

Really. Hulu is fabulous. I might be straying into shameless plug territory, but I don't really care. It's all free! It works with my Mac! I don't have to switch between Firefox and Safari and between networks' sites to watch things! But I will always be grateful to Hulu for allowing me to feel comfortable in my geekhood. Thanks Hulu!!

1 comment:

Professor Powers said...

We have remarkably similar tastes in entertainment media...

(Though, in the interest of full disclosure, the only Lord of the Rings novel I've read is The Hobbit and I didn't much care for it, so I never read any of the others. Loved the films, though).