Monday, November 3, 2008

SNL's Presidential Rehash

I just finished watching SNL's Presidential Bash 2008 (avoiding a paper I have to write. Still avoiding it, in fact). And I have to say, I was a little disappointed. 

It's not as if I was expecting all new material. I've watched the past two Presidential Bashes, so I knew to expect almost exclusively pre-aired sketches of presidential parodies. But I definitely remember the 2000 and 2004 Bashes featuring a lot more old school SNL skits. Hartman's Clinton eating voters' food at a McDonald's. The unforgettable Dana Carvey's H.W. Bush talking about the Gulf War. The full H.W. Bush - Dukakis (again Carvey, and Jon Lovitz).

They did show clips of old sketches. Very short clips. More or less a few lines. Which is a real shame, since I really enjoyed the older stuff they have shown in the past. It sparks interest in classic seasons of SNL.

That's all. 

No comments: