Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Don't Mess with Boston

It recently dawned on me I haven't written on this blog for a while. And by "a while" I mean three months. So with my Emmy blog, I decided to return to blogging. 

Basically, I am going to use this little slice of the scarily large World Wide Web to comment on things that are important to me in the world of Entertainment, Ithaca College, and life in general. And that starts now. 

I was perusing EW.com's PopWatch (for the fifth time today, as usual) and by checking out a link to the Time Out New York 40th anniversary interviews with 40 famous New Yorkers, I saw David Cross' name. Now, as a huge fan of Arrested Development, I had  to check it out. But what I found made me very upity (yes, I just used that word). 

It seems the man really loves New York. Understandable, he's being interviewed as a New Yorker. But it also seems he doesn't like Boston. I mean really doesn't like Boston. He called us "f***ing pricks." And I do not appreciate that. 

I am proud of the culture in Boston. I love that there are trees and grass all-over the place. I love that you can walk around the city in a day, but it can still surprise you all the time. I love that you can drive into the city. I especially love you can do that, or take an easy T ride in. I love that I can start conversations with total strangers on the Green Line, and not have to worry (too much) about my purse. I love Fenway, and that we're KEEPING our park. I love flocking out of a game after a win, taking over the street, and how much the inability to move for half an hour because of this doesn't seem to bother the people in cars. I love that Catholicism is a part of Boston. 

And I could go on, and on, and on. 

No comments: